Tuesday, October 5, 2010











5 October 2010 is the day whereby we all have to start working. The engineering students will be handling the main engine in both engine room and engine control room while the deck cadets will be doing their watchkeeping. We are sailing from Oshima to Marugame which is 90 nautical miles away.Most of us were given 15 to 20 tasks onboard the ship. The deck cadets have to keep a watch as an officer, lookout and mooring operations. Thus it was very good opportunity for all of us and this was also the reason why I wanted to come to oshima so badly! For me throughout the 2 days of duties it somehow had gave me more passion of my future career and it was also help me to better understand what was taught to us and I must really thanked all the Japanese students, captain,chief engineer and crews onboard for teaching us everything single thing they know about navigation and operations of the ships. We have learn a lot during the trip. On top of that, the engineering student also went up to the bridge to enjoy Japan's beautiful scenery. We also learn how to know the bearing of the lighthouse using the gyrocompass.

No comments:

Post a Comment